Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sunday School

When I was a child my parents sent me to Sunday School. They were both atheists, but they told me that they believed that I should have some background in religion, though I always believed they just wanted to get rid of me for another day. This was just one year and perhaps I do have some religious background now because of it.

I grew up in West Virginia and all my friends were religious. They all went to Sunday School and I did miss out on an important part of West Virginia socialization because I didn't go. That same thing with church camp. They all seemed to go one year or another, though I remember a close friend of mine saying he lost his virginity at a church camp. I guess that means I really did miss out on something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home